Monday 14 November 2011

Heron lino-cut - No.2

Since the exhitbition I have loved having the opportunity to concentrate on more print-making.  The final print for the poetry anthology is now finished, so I am really pleased with how they have gone and am looking forward to seeing them in the book.



My new lino-cutting tools are great and so comfortable in the hand.  When the lino is at a suitable temperature they cut beautifully, almost like cutting through butter.  I am able to cut much finer detail now, so hopefully I will be able to produce some botanical themed prints in the near future.
I have been a member of the Society of Floral Painters for over 10 years now and have now started to get more involved with them again from a support perspective.  On Saturday they had an open day, so it was good to get to see some new faces and catch up with friends that I haven't seen for a while.  There was a great feeling of support and motivation from and to all that attended.  The critique session was invaluable in discussing many aspects of artwork, such as composition, painting skills and especially drawing skills.

For further information on the society their website address is:  http://www.thesfp.org/

As for artwork, things may slow down a little bit now as we prepare to move house.  I don't know where to start with packing the studio up!


No comments :

Post a Comment

It is always lovely to hear your comments. Please feel free to leave them here and I will approve them asap.