Thursday 14 March 2013

Sunshine in the snow - yellow flowers and more !

The Daffodils have been soldiering on in the recent snow and frosts.  They had just started to bloom before the colder weather arrived, but despite this they still bring a bit of sunshine in the snow.

In my last blog post I know that I said I would write about the courses and workshops that I teach.  The students have been completing some wonderful and inspiring work which I hope to show you soon.

In the meantime I have been creating my latest tutorial video, which yes you guessed it, is on painting yellow flowers !  The students in my Monday botanical art class have been studying bulbous plants, so this coming week we are going to be painting daffodils.

As from this January I have been attempting to produce 2 video tutorials a term to support the students in their learning.  I hope to carry this on, especially as the botanical art classes will be increasing this coming September.

Enjoy !


The link above is to the latest tutorial and the one below is the previous tutorial - Creating highlights.

1 comment :

  1. What a great blog Sarah! Only just stumbled across it...Loved your video's. :)

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to hear your comments. Please feel free to leave them here and I will approve them asap.