Presently (as well as the art project), I am working on a picture of an Atlas Moth which will hopefully be exhibited at the Marwell Exhibition this coming August. When the picture is complete I will post it on here. I am becoming very keen on illustrating butterflies and moths and particularly like using coloured pencils. My preferred pencils are Berol Karismacolour which are not available anymore, but luckily I have managed to get hold of a replacement range - Prismacolour, which unfortunately are only available from the US. At the moment I have been using hot-pressed watercolour paper, but I keep meaning to try Bristol board, although sometimes I find the white too harsh and bright.
Over the coming week I have a couple of surveys to complete for Plantlife International. I have signed up for their 'Wildflowers Count' project and have been allotted three 1km squares. The first two surveys will be woodland habitats, so I need to get out soon and see what plant species are out there, particularly if I want to record any Ancient Woodland Indicator species that may be around - I'll let you know how I get on.