Saturday 14 May 2011

Kimmeridge Bay

As part of a very calm hen weekend we had a picnic at Kimmeridge Bay in Dorset.

It is an amazing place and when the tide is out the rockpools are fantastic.  There are also fossils visible on the surface of some of the rocks.   The seaweed left on the rocks, in the pools and on the shore was so colourful - like a rainbow, and even the photographs do not do it justice! (see at the bottom of this posting)


On the clifftop and edge above the shore there were also some lovely clumps of Sea campion and thrift.

I have decided that come the latter part of June I am going to spend a day at the bay with my sketchbook and paints, although I feel it will take more than a day to really cover all of the subject matter! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

It is always lovely to hear your comments. Please feel free to leave them here and I will approve them asap.