Tuesday, 14 February 2012

New Year, new approach !

The allium lino-cut design has been put on hold this week as I have got my teeth into some more acrylic work.

This I tried for the first time last year on a smaller scale, but now I am working on a piece which is 40cms square.  The support is a natural linen canvas already primed (from Pebeo), and I love to keep the colour of the canvas as the background colour rather than cover it in pigment.

I suppose what I am trying to do is to take botanical portraiture in a different direction for me.

The subject is a cluster of Hornbeam seeds, that I found still hanging from a tree.  As some of you know, I love to paint brown subjects and this is definately proving to be a challenge !

I'll keep you posted on the progress, but in the meantime here are some initial images to keep you going.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It is always lovely to hear your comments. Please feel free to leave them here and I will approve them asap.